Monday, March 1, 2010

Swimming Championship

This last weekend I traveled with the swim team for our final meet of the year. We drove to Philadelphia for the two day Eastern's Championship. Almost all of our guys swam best times, but it was a very competitive meet; we swam at the Lasalle University pool ( A division I school), and two pool records were nearly beaten - 47.78 for the 100 Fly and 1:36.7 for the 200 Free!

It was my first time in Philadelphia so I enlisted the help of my father to find a good Philly cheese steak. I ended up going to Jim's on South St. It took about fifteen minutes to get there through snow/rain, but I really liked walking through Old City. On the way back, we drove through Camden, NJ and that was not too hot, and I've heard bad things about West Philadelphia, but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Today was the first day in almost 6-7 months that I have not had coaching responsibilities from 3:30 - 6:00. With my free time I corrected homework, prepared an in-class activity, attended 5:00 mass, and had time to read the new winter issue of the Saint John's Magazine. I hope the end of third quarter combined with this extra time each day will allow me to get ahead and allow me to focus on something that has been put to the side: deciding what to do next year/applying for jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment